Hello and welcome to the Year 3 class page.
This year we are lucky to have Mrs Potts and Mrs Perry working with us and helping us all achieve our very best.
It's here that I will update our Class Award winners, our weekly spelling lists and the homework that is set every Friday.
Some important things to remember for our Year 3 pupils...
- Our PE days are Tuesdays and Thursdays. Until told otherwise pupils are to come into school on those days in their PE kits.
- Reading books will be changed every Friday.
- On this, can adults please try to find time on a daily basis to listen to the children read and complete their reading diary, even if it is just 10 minutes a day. It really will make a massive difference to the children's ability to comprehend more advanced texts we cover in class.
- Spellings will be handed out every Thursday and then tested on the following Thursday.
- Homework will be given out every Friday and will be due back by the following Thursday.
Should you have any questions about anything to do with Year 3 please do not hesitate to contact me via either Class Dojo or the school Facebook page.
Remote Learning and Daily Tasks
Hello everybody. Please see below details on how we are going to manage this period of remote learning in Year 3, and below this your daily tasks!
We will keep a lot of things the same as November with some small improvements.
- I will detail the timetable and lesson content below this introduction everyday. I appreciate some people like to be organised the night before so I will commit to getting lesson information on this page by 8pm the previous evening.
- We will once again have three video calls a day (a personal highlight of mine from November). HOWEVER the time of these have changed.
From tomorrow these will be...
09.25 - 09.40 Maths call
11.05 - 11.20 English call
2.20 - 2.35 Mr Gilbey Reads
You will notice that these calls are only 15 minutes long so no classes overlap with another. Therefore please ensure you are on the call promptly as we will need to finish on time.
- We will deliver these video calls using Google Classroom this time rather than Zoom. Please see below a short video and explanation on how to log onto Google Classroom.
Our video calls will be conducted via Google Classroom NOT Zoom this time.
Therefore please see below the written steps from the video above.
- Go to classroom.google.com on your web browser (ideally Chrome)
- Click on "Go To Classroom"
- Enter your child's username and password from the slips of paper stapled to the letters in your packs.
- Select "I am a student".
- Enter our Year 3 classroom by clicking on "3G".
- Finally click on 'Meet Link' at the top of the page and you will be put straight into our video calls
Year 3 - Welcome Back Video!
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.