Mr. Lester, Mrs. Jordan and the incredible Year 1 class welcome you our Class Page! Take a look below at some of the amazing work and activities Year 1 are getting up to this year and find lots useful information and links.
Our current Topic Text is...
A secret for now!
We will be developing our comprehension and inference skills to make predictions and find clues from the text to work out what the story is. Once we have revealed the title of the story, we will share it here to listen to at home.
In the garden
In this topic, some of the things we will be learning about are:
- Growing plants from seeds and learning about their parts.
- Describing wild and garden flowers and trees.
- Fruit and vegetables and designing a salad for a customer.
- Observing and recording weather.
- Countries and climates around the world.
- Instructions and algorithms.
Autumn 1 Topic Text was...
He has terrible tusks and terrible claws...
Year 1 have been looking at naming body parts and have discussed what their purpose is.
We have shortened the story down and created a story map made up of pictures to help us learn the story. Alongside these pictures, we use actions to help us retell the story off by heart.
We have been recognising the initial letters and matching them to their capital letters.