Hi Nursery and parents.
I hope you are all ok and managing to stay well. I have included some suggestions for home learning activities that you may wish to do with your children. Try to complete them if you can, but I am well aware that trying to juggle working from home with home schooling and looking after the family can be difficult.
I will be working with the Nursery children in school this morning, but can be contacted via class dojo. As always, I will do my best to help.
1) What did the old lady make? (A gingerbread man)
2) What happened when the old lady opened the oven door? (The Gingerbread Man jumped up and ran off)
3) Why could the man and woman not catch the Gingerbread Man? (He was too fast)
4) Which animal did the Gingerbread Man meet first? (A cow)
5) What does the Gingerbread Man keep singing? (He sings 'run run as fast as you can, you can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man)
6) Who helped the Gingerbread Man across the river? (A fox)
7) The fox was sly. What does 'sly' mean? (It means that the fox likes playing tricks).
8) Did you enjoy the story? Why/why not? (Encourage the children say why the liked / disliked the story).
At school tomorrow we will be making our own gingerbread men. The link to the recipe is below. You may wish to have a go at some baking at home, but I realise that it may be difficult to shop for ingredients at the moment. Please send any pictures of your baked creations to me on dojo to share with the children in class. Have fun.