Thursday 2nd April 2020
Good morning everyone,
Thanks to everyone who is sending in the pictures and continuing to work so hard supporting the children at home. You should all be so proud of yourselves for working so hard.
As always I can be contacted on class dojo or by emailing EYFS@theatlasfederation.co.uk
Activity Suggestions for Today
You can watch the speed sound session from Ruth Miskin at 9.30am. The link is below.
View Alphablocks Series 1 episode 9 – again the link is lower down the page.
Continuing from yesterday, children could try to write the letter 'c'. There is a formation video lower down the page. Remember the tips about sitting correctly on a chair. Some children may need you to write the letter quite big that they can trace over before having a go at writing them independently. For some children they are not yet at the stage where they will be able to write the letters independently but try to encourage them as much as possible.
Play a game of I-spy. This is a great was for focusing on the initial sounds (firs) in words.
Continuing with name writing is important -it is a skill that can take quite a long time to acquire.
Can children write their first name? Some children in Nursery can already write their first name. If this is the case can they begin to write their last name. I would love to see photos of written names so that I can post them on the Nursery page and award dojo points.
Try building a tower using lego or another construction kit. Count how many bricks you have used in your tower. Remember to say one number name for each brick that you touch as you count.
Arts, Crafts and Understanding of the World
Join Joe Wicks for his daily PE lesson at 9am. The link to Joe’s youtube chanel is further down the page. The lesson is live at 9am but I think it is available to view on youtube later if you miss it.
Another dough disco link is included below - check it out.
Story for Wednesday 1st April 2020 - ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8sUPpPc8Ws The Gruffalo
Watch the story and talk about these questions. I hope you enjoy it.
1) The mouse took a 'stroll' through the deep dark wood. What does 'stroll' mean?
'Stroll' means 'walk.'
2) Can you think of any words in the story that rhyme?
Julia Donaldson, who wrote the Gruffalo, uses rhyme a lot in her work. Many of the words rhyme including,
3) Can you describe what the Gruffalo looks like?
"He had terrible tusks and terrible claws and terrible teeth in his terrible jaws."
"He had nobly knees and turned out toes and a poisenous wart on the end of his nose."
"His eyes are orange, his tongue is black and he has purple prickles all over his back. "
4) Can you think of any of the animals that wanted to eat the mouse?
Fox, owl, snake, Gruffalo
5) Do you think that the animals were really scared of the mouse?
No, they were scared of the Gruffalo who was standing behind the mouse.
6) Why was the Gruffalo shocked when the animals ran away from the mouse?
The Gruffalo didn't think the animals would be scared of the mouse. In fact they were not scared of the mouse, they were scared of the Gruffalo who was standing with the mouse.
7) Do you think the mouse is good at playing tricks?
Yes, see the answers to the last two questions.
8) Which was your favourite animal in the story? Why?
There are no right or wrong answers to this question as long as the animal chosen was in the story.
Story for Today - Thursday 2nd April 2020 - The Three Little Pigs.
Watch the story (link below) and then discuss these questions.
1) The story described the three little pigs as 'brave' and 'bold'. What do these words mean?
2) Who did mummy pig warn the three little pigs to look out for?
3) Who did the pigs meet first after they left home?
4) The last pig (third) met a many carrying what?
5) Why wouldn't the pigs let the wolf in when he knocked on their doors?
6) The wolf 'crept' up to the houses. What does 'crept' mean?
7) Why could the wolf not blow down the brick house?
8) Can you think of any of the things that the wolf wanted to pick with the third little pig?
9) Which house do you think was the best? Why?
10) Did you enjoy the story? Why/why not?