At Moorcroft Wood we value the partnerships with parents/carers and hope to build positive relationships throughout your child’s time with us. We really value the massive contribution that an effective partnership with parents/carers and school can make to a child’s development, well-being and education.
We look forward to building positive relationships and working effectively with parents and carers by,
- offering parents/carers the opportunity to talk to the class teacher before their child starts at the school.
- arranging to visit parents/carers of children new to Moorcroft Wood in their own homes
- inviting parents/carers/children to spend time with the class teacher and support staff in the setting prior to starting school
- making contact with the nursery / setting ( if applicable) a child has most recently attended before joining Moorcroft Wood and visiting, where possible, the setting whilst the child is in attendance.
- taking parents/carers on a brief tour of the school as part of an induction meeting
- encouraging parents/carers to share any concerns with school staff
- sharing any concerns that school staff may have about a child with their parents/carers
- arranging activities throughout the year where parents/carers are invited in to school to work with their children for example the Easter Bonnet making workshop in the spring term, stay and read sessions, nursery rhyme performances etc.
- handing out regular reports
- inviting you to attend workshops in school where we can share tips and provide information about ways in which your child's development can be supported further in the home
- providing regular updates and sharing information on the school social media webpage / class dojo / class web page about what children are doing in school
- inviting parents/carers to take part in parent's evenings/consultations
- using the Class Dojo system as a means of contacting school staff easily and quickly