At Moorcroft Wood we value the partnerships with parents/carers and hope to build positive relationships throughout your child’s time with us. We really value the massive contribution that an effective partnership with parents/carers and school can make to a child’s development, well-being and education.
We look forward to building positive relationships and working effectively with parents and carers by,
- offering parents/carers the opportunity to talk to the class teacher before their child starts at the school.
- arranging to visit parents/carers of children new to Moorcroft Wood in their own homes
- inviting parents/carers/children to spend time with the class teacher and support staff in the setting prior to starting school
- taking parents/carers on a brief tour of the school as part of an induction meeting
- encouraging parents/carers to share any concerns with school staff
- sharing any concerns that school staff may have about a child with their parents/carers
- arranging activities throughout the year where parents/carers are invited in to school to work with their children for example the Easter Bonnet making workshop in the spring term, stay and read sessions, nursery rhyme performances etc.
- handing out regular reports
- inviting you to attend workshops in school where we can share tips and provide information about ways in which your child's development can be supported further in the home
- providing regular updates and sharing information on the school social media webpage about what children are doing in school
- inviting parents/carers to take part in parent's evenings/consultations
- using the Class Dojo system as a means of contacting school staff easily and quickly
- having a dedicated email address EYFS@theatlasfederation.co.uk for parents to use
Please be aware that due to the current Covid 19 situation we may not have been able to do some of the above in the usual way, but we will try to do our best.