Good morning everyone,
I hope you have had a good weekend. Here are some activity suggestions for today. I hope you enjoy them. Remember, if you cannot do them today then you can always look back on the webpage an do them on another day if you want to.
You have been doing some excellent writing. If you want to continue to use paper for your writing then that is great, but for a change you could try putting a little shaving foam on a tray and writing in it instead. If we are lucky enough to have some snow that has been forecast, then you could try writing in the snow. You could write words using the sounds you know, or writing your name (which is something a lot of you have been working on).
You may want to watch the Geraldine Video below and try writing the sound 'v'.
Here are some questions to talk about after you have watched the video of The Little Red Hen.
1) "The cat liked to sleep all day on the soft couch." What is another word for a couch? (Sofa, settee).
2) "The dog liked to nap all day on the sunny back porch." What does 'nap' mean? (sleep)
3) The poor Red Hen had to do all of the housework. Can you think of any jobs that are 'housework'? (hoover, wash up, tidy up , wash the clothes etc)
4) What did the Little Red Hen find when she was hoeing the garden? (Some grains of wheat).
5) Did the other animals help the Little Red Hen do the jobs? (No)
6) What did the Little Red Hen make? (A cake)
6) Can you think of one job that the animals said they would help with? (Eating the cake).
7) Did you enjoy the story? Why / why not?