We made it! Well done to everyone in Year 1 for making a fantastic start to the year. Please enjoy your half term holiday and stay safe. Please take a look at some suggested activities to support our upcoming learning.
Thank you for all of your support this half term.
Mr Lester, Mrs Jordan and Mrs Schofield.
Our history topic next half term will be looking at changes within living memory. We will be looking at the ways everyday life has changed since our parents and grandparents were children. This area of history is one where we can find out about the past simply by asking questions. While we may not be able to meet relatives, you may call or video chat to them to find out more.
You may wish to talk about the changes in:
1. The ways we communicate (telephones, mobile phones, smart phones, video calls, letters, the internet, email)
2. The ways we have fun (toys, television, board games, consoles, books, tablets)
3. The ways we shop (local shops, markets, supermarkets, deliveries, online shopping, click and collect)
Any other ideas would be fantastic additions to our learning.
Please enjoying sharing your family history and please share any photographs of any "relics" you may have on ClassDojo or our Facebook page.
Autumn is upon us and there are many changes we see during this time. You may wish to go on your own Autumn walk together.
Questions you might like to ask and discuss with your child:
1. What season of the year is it?
2. How do you know?/ How can you tell?
3. What changes are happening?
4. What do you like about this season?
5. What do you not like about this season?
6. What do the woodland animals do as the weather becomes colder?
Share some of your Autumn walk photos on ClassDojo or our Facebook page.