It’s Wellbeing Wednesday and that means we will continue to take time away from the screen this afternoon to have a digital detox and take care of our mental health and wellbeing. Below are some suggested choosing time activities that cover all areas of the Early Years curriculum but, as always, feel free to create your own choosing activities at home too. The most important thing is that whatever you do, you have lots of fun!
- Personal, Social & Emotional Development – Random Act of Kindness. Do something nice for someone – something that will make them happy. Help them do something, make them a picture or say something nice.
- Communication & Language – Teddy Tea Party. Gather your teddies and a toy set or some real cups and plates from your kitchen. Discuss how many cups and plates you will need and what all of the teddies would like to eat. Can you take the teddies orders and serve them their food and drinks?
- Physical Development – Hopscotch. Chalk out a hopscotch grid on the pavement and challenge someone from home to a game.
- Literacy – Nursery Rhymes. Learn to recite different nursery rhymes or simple poems by heart. Can you add your own actions?
- Maths – Lighter or Heavier? Gather different food items, toys or various objects from around the house. Hold out your hands and place one item in each hand. Decide which item is heavier and which is lighter. Compare the items against each other. Can you lay them out in order from lightest to heaviest?
- Understanding the World – Shadow Puppets. Make a dark den using chairs and old material, covers or towels. Use torches and play a shadow game. What shadow shapes can you make with your hands and arms?
- Expressive Arts & Design – Recycled Robots. Collect boxes and tubs and use them to make a junk model robot. Can you use paper or paints to decorate your model? Give your robot a name and take him on an adventure.